Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Grander Adventure

In August while on a vacation I took a chance and stopped in at the BackCountry office at the North Rim of the Grand Canyon. On a whim I asked the ranger, "Got any permits for the four day hike north rim to south rim between now and October 15 when you close the north rim?"  His reply was, "You have got to be kidding me. Ain't no way. But, I will check."

Short story long, he checked, there was a trip for two on September 22-25 available, did I want it.

My reply was, "Well, I don't know. That will keep me out of church that Sunday and my dog might need me that weekend."  NO WAY, CAN'T HAPPEN. I screamed, "Yousa."

Consequently, I will be heading downhill from the North Kiabab trailhead on the north rim this Saturday morning around 6 AM.  Please pray for me and my hiking companion.

My wife is not worried, she says that I am biodegradeable, but please someone bring my equipment so she can sell it and recoup a part of the investment.

No comments:

Post a Comment