Monday, September 3, 2012

No thanks,Scrivener

Take this for what its worth.

I will be deleting Scrivener from my computer.  It is to anal for me to handle.  After attempting to use it for well over a week now, I am still lost.

The program is basically multiple files being drafted for a specific project.  It allows you to keep track of characters, places, and scenes in small chunks.  Supposedly you can jump back and forth with greatest of ease.

I get lost in the transitions.

The same thing can be done with three Word files open at the same time and stored in the same project folder.  I have a 17" screen which makes this very comfortable.

Scrivener also has too small a working screen for my tired old eyes.

Last word -- I can see where a more organized individual might be able to use this program to some advantage.  For me, it just doesn't work.

However, with whatever, get writing.

No comments:

Post a Comment